Powered by Blogger.

Christina Hendricks on Her Teen Years: “I never felt pretty”

>> Thursday, March 15, 2012

Christina Hendricks on Her Teen Years: “I never felt pretty”

Christina Hendricks on Her Teen Years: I never felt pretty/celebrity gossip 
 Christina Hendricks

From the ‘even the prettiest celebs say they’ve been bullied’ series, here’s another hottie that opened up about her terrible high-school days: Christina Hendricks. Let’s see the story from The Mirror:
“My school days were pretty unhappy. I had the worst high school experience ever. I went to a very mean school and was bullied like crazy. I was a bit of a goth with purple hair and I was also part of the drama group, so my friends and I were all weird theatre people and everyone just hated us. There was a long corridor with lockers on either side and kids would sit on top of them and spit on you. It was like something out of Lord of the Flies.”
Moving as a teenager is never easy. So I tried to set myself apart and it ended up with multi-coloured hair. It was how I was expressing myself. I was a goth kid. I dyed my hair about 42 different colours, shaved it at the back and wore black make-up. Kids can be pretty judgmental about people who are different. But instead of breaking down and conforming, I stood firm. That is also probably why I was unhappy. My mother was mortified and kept telling me how horrible and ugly I looked. Strangers would walk by with a look of shock on their face, so I never felt pretty. I just always felt awkward.
Realizing she was pretty: After leaving school Christina was persuaded to enter a contest to appear on the cover of Seventeen magazine. Wearing a wig she posed for pictures in a cemetery. And even though she didn’t win the competition, those photographs proved a revelation. “When I got the pictures back my mum and I started crying because I had no idea I could be pretty,” she recalls. “I’d always felt awkward. It was the first time I really felt pretty. It just sort of changed my perspective of myself.”
Share your thoughts!
Pictured: Christina in V Magazine this month.

Christina Hendricks on Her Teen Years: I never felt pretty/celebrity gossip 
 Christina Hendricks


Christina Hendricks on Her Teen Years: I never felt pretty/celebrity gossip 
 Christina Hendricks


Christina Hendricks on Her Teen Years: I never felt pretty/celebrity gossip 
 Christina Hendricks

0 comments:

Followers

Cpx24.com CPM Program

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP